I have a habit of over-planning and making too many lists (if that is even a thing!?), so when I moved in to my new home this week, I wanted to ensure we had all the essentials. I’m not talking plates, cutlery, mugs, etc, but the things that aren’t always obvious, until you actually go to use it!
It’s quite amazing how much you take for granted when living at home, a simple thing like a potato masher – who goes in to a shop and thinks I need to buy a potato masher? Yet, it’s likely we’ll need one at some point.
I’ve compiled my top 10 essentials you will forget when moving home – hopefully now, you won’t!
- A bed sheet – not the bedding set, the sheet!
- Vase – someone is bound to buy you flowers as a house warming gift.
- Washing up drainer – where else will you put the washing up when its wet?
- Bin bags – because you literally need a bin from the moment you walk in
- Toothbrush holder – I had this dilemma the other day, trying to balance a toothbrush
- Coat hangers – I never have enough coat hangers
- Tea towels – everybody needs one
- Tin / bottle opener – using your teeth to open a bottle of beer is massive NO!
- Door mat – because I live in England where it rains a lot = footprints in the house
- Stir fry pan / wok – I love those days where I can whack everything into a wok with some noodles or rice!
Have I missed anything? Let me know your essential items when moving home in the comments section 🙂
I love reading ‘5 things…’ or ’10 things…’ posts, and I’ve been meaning to start my own series for a while now. In a bid to not replicate other bloggers (and piss them off!), but to try and spread the love, I’m launching ‘5 happy moments’. I hope in some way, it will distract you from […]
You may (or may not) have noticed that my blog has been pretty quiet as of late – in fact, if I am being totally honest, this year has just been a struggle. I’ve not been able to make the time to really focus and make my blog how I want it to be. I […]
On a very rare sunny Sunday afternoon, I headed to Portabello restaurant in Oxford for a late lunch. Just as a bit of background for those of you who are not too familiar with Oxford, Portabello restaurant is in Summertown (North Oxford) which is known as the ‘nicer’ part of Oxford. When the sun is out, it is […]
I have been making this soup for a while now, and it’s become a firm favourite at dinner times. Inspired by a lentil soup I tried in a local Lebanese restaurant years ago, and the need for a healthy, protein rich meal, this recipe is quick, easy, delicious and filling!
I feel like the year is going far too quickly, which is giving me less time to achieve everything I’d planned. On the plus side, it is May and that means the weather is finally warming up – let’s not forget those bank holiday weekends too. A highlight for me was receiving these lovely flowers […]