I have to confess, that it has taken me until now to figure out that Paella doesn’t have to contain seafood, and with me not being a huge seafood fan, it instantly put me off ever eating paella.
However, this soon changed and I realised you can pretty much have what you want in a paella dish.
Chicken and chorizo paella just seems to work and although there are mixed reviews about chorizo, in small doses, it has massive flavour impact!
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 red pepper
- 1 carrot
- 2 teaspoons of paprika
- 2/3 large chicken breasts or thighs (boneless)
- 70g chorizo
- 300g paella rice
- Olive oil
- 750ml chicken stock
- Handful of fresh parsley
- Heat a good dollop of oil in a large pan (ideally a Paella dish, although I didn’t have one!)
- Dice the chicken, chorizo, carrot, red pepper, onion and garlic, then add to the pan.
- Stir for a few minutes then add the chopped parsley.
- After 5 minutes, add to the paella rice and stir in for a few minutes.
- Add the hot chicken stock to the pan and bring to the boil.
- Turn down the heat to simmer and cover with a lid.
- Leave the paella to cook for 15-20 minutes, regularly stirring from the outside in to avoid sticking!
- You will know when the paella is ready, most of the liquid is gone and the rice will be soft.
- Voila! Enjoy your chicken and chorizo paella.
Share on Pinterest