buy generic Lyrica india I have been making this soup for a while now, and it’s become a firm favourite at dinner times. Inspired by a lentil soup I tried in a local Lebanese restaurant years ago, and the need for a healthy, protein rich meal, this recipe is quick, easy, delicious and filling!Work from home with at&t
http://fhlchristianministries.org/?encycloped=Black-scholes-employee-stock-options&453=6b Lentils in general are really good for you, I even featured them in a precious post – 7 superfoods: what are the benefits?
http://www.energylease.fr/viliv/6374 You can alter the the amounts of spice used to suit your personal taste, but I am all for a good kick in my food. Spicy red lentil soup tastes great on it’s own, but sometimes I will add a sliced chicken breast, to bulk it up as a main dish.
- Start off by washing the red lentils until the water runs clear.
- Lightly heat the olive oil and then add the chopped onions and garlic – cooking for a few minutes.
- Once the onions are soft, add the cumin, garam masala, turmeric, ground coriander, tomato puree and stir.
- Keep the heat down low as you don’t want to burn the spices!
- Add as much (or as little) cayenne pepper as you like – I usually go with a teaspoon, which gives a nice kick but doesn’t blow your head off.
- Add the washed lentils and stir in so it can absorb all of those spices.
- Add the chicken stock and stir.
- Bring to the boil and then simmer on a medium heat for 15-20 mins (until the lentils go soft)
- Remember to keep stirring every few minutes – add extra water if you need to.
- Once the lentils are soft, turn the heat right down and blend with a hand blender.
- Don’t blend this too much, we want to keep a nice, thick consistency.
- Continue to cook on a low heat for a few more minutes, then serve with buttered, fresh, crusty rolls.
- 275g of red lentils
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 large cloves of garlic
- 1 large onion
- 800ml of chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 2 teaspoons of garam masala
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric
- 1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 teaspoon of ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon of tomato puree
- Salt and pepper