I came up with this recipe when trying to incorporate some key superfoods like quinoa and spinach into my diet – especially at lunch times. What do I like that’s healthy and easy to throw into a bowl? Hello cherry tomatoes, baby spinach and crumbly feta!
This is genuinely one of my favourite things to have for lunch now. It’s so easy and tastes amazing.
Quick tip: throw in a bit of cayenne pepper for a nice kick – it makes all the difference!
You can even bulk this meal up with chicken if you prefer. I tend to go veggie if having this for lunch, but using extra of either of these ingredients makes for a very satisfying, light dinner too.
- Red and White Quinoa (either ready made or from scratch)
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon of oregano
- 20 grams of feta cheese (as little or as much as you like!)
- 8 cherry tomatoes (halved)
- A big handful of spinach
- Heat up the quinoa in pan for 2-3 minutes
- Add the spinach, tomatoes, olive oil, cayenne pepper, paprika, oregano and heat for another minute or so
- Take off the heat and crumble in the feta cheese
- Season with salt and pepper and serve!
- If I need to be really quick, I’ll prep this the night before and then warm through in the microwave the next day – it tastes just as good and literally takes 2 minutes.
Pin it for later